Settlement of North America
Computers/tablets with internet connections available to student groups.
- Vocabulary test
- Promethean Board
- Laptops/Devices and Internet access
- Paper and Pencils
- Thinking Maps
- Primary source transcription
- Maps of Cherokee territory, see "Cherokees"
- Cherokee and S. C. Treaty of 1761, see “A Treaty of Peace and Friendship
- Guided questions and rubric, see Project Outline and Rubric
Trade Trials Treaties
Trade was a normal part of the Cherokee culture for thousands of years. European trade eventually changed the Cherokee way of life. In nearly 250 years of contact with whites, the Cherokees faced constant turmoil. War and disease devastated their way of life. This lesson examines how European contact changed the Cherokee.