Visual & Performing Arts
Novice Mid-Responding General Music
CD, MP3 or digital music player
· Teacher generated 4 sentence story
· Printed alphabet letters (5 As, 5 Bs, 5Cs)
· Printed contrasting cartoon images (dog, cat, banana, watermelon, etc.)
· White board or interactive panel
· David Glukh International Ensemble Kelzmer Travels the World Nigun Atik or Spotlight on Music Grade 3 CD collection
Teacher generated assessment checklist.
Form in Music
Students are using the elements of music to begin composing and performing simple melodies.
Participate in a class discussion to repair a story that is incorrectly structured.
Participate in a class activity to create visual forms.
Participate in a class activity that pairs musical phrases with images and asks students to determine the form of those phrases when played on the piano.
Participate in a class activity where students stand or sit on A and B sections of a short song.
Can learners define form, its rules, and recognize patterns visually and aurally?