Plants have basic needs
Structures of plants
Characteristics of plants help them survive in distinct environments
Different plant structures help plants survive, grow, and produce more plants
- Corn stalk with tassels and husks with silk
- Corn kernels dried and fresh
- Corn on the cob (cut into ~ 3” chunks) enough for 1 per student
- Washable paints in various colors (orange, yellow, red, blue, etc)
- Plates/bowls for paint
- Corn holders or bamboo skewers
- Paper towels
Students will learn how about the structures of corn and how it is pollinated. Students will also make their very own painting using corn on the cob!
How does corn use the wind to pollinate?